Wednesday 15th September


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
October 4th 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A quiet one today after our big day yesterday.
We decide to spend the majority of the day at AKL recovering. Mrs does some photography of the animals and the decor and then late afternoon we made our way to the Animal Kingdom park and used our extra Magic Hours (when the parks are open to Disney Hotel guests only) to ride Expedition Everest without huge queues. Great Ride (LC's fav!), tis a pity that the Yeti no longer works but still a great ride. Mrs opts out of a second run and waits at the exit whilst LC and Jnr ride again (this time at the front of the car!) Some retail therapy and some T-shirts for home and then it's off to Kali River Rapids for a soaking. We're all dressed appropriately and so we line up and get into our water craft with another group of 5 people. Packages in the middle of the round raft, under cover so they don't get wet and off we go. A couple of small drops and a couple of overhead dribbles of water, a little bit of being thrown around the raft when you bump into the rocks on the outside of the raft and 1 person out of 8 gets soaked, and guess what? It isn't 1 of us. The hype about that ride is all wrong. It is a gentle (well maybe a little rougher than gentle) raft ride for the family.
Off to dinner at Yak & Yeti restaurant (where we had cancelled our reservation days earlier). A table was supplied upstairs with a view of the park, so reservations really are not required at all times! Oversized dinner (Cocktail for Mrs and Mocktails for LC and Jnr) consumed (shocking table service) and we were on our way to the transport hub. Wow crowded buses or what? Grateful for a standing position on the bus and we are on our way back to AKL. Back at AKL and our feet hurt: Time for a trip to the pool to dip in our feet and get some heat relief. Ooooohhhhh Nnnniiiiiccccceeeeeeeee.
30 mins or so later, it's off to the Club room for some refreshments before retiring to our room for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.1kb