Resort Day: Swimming, Ice Cream, and Tie-Dye!


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Disney World offers such fabulous resorts. We've learned to always plan a "resort day" when we go to Disney World. This is a day where we get to recover a bit from all the walking (I hit over 28,000 steps yesterday!), and we can also enjoy our resort amenities. For Joanna, this meant we did a lot of swimming today!

We're staying in the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, and this section has its own pool. It's smaller than The Big Blue Pool in the center of the resort. We've spent time swimming in the Little Mermaid pool already, so, this morning, after breakfast, we decided to check out The Big Blue Pool. It has a zero entry side, so it's probably a good choice for families with little kids. It also has a poolside bar, for those interested in that. We noticed this pool was substantially colder than the Little Mermaid pool. I guess this is because it's so big! We got there right at opening to avoid the heavy crowds. There were still quite a few people there! Joanna has been having a blast working at improving her swimming skills.

Afterwards, we hopped on the Skyliner to our lunch reservation next to Epcot, Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club resort. It offers typical American food. I got grilled cheese and tomato soup, while Joanna enjoyed a hot dog. We had an easy ride back to the resort.

We watched The Little Mermaid movie together and enjoyed the air conditioning until it was dinner time. I pulled up the mobile ordering app on my iPod, and Joanna and I selected our foods for dinner. We then hiked over to the main lobby. After I hit the "I'm Here" button for them to get our order ready, I noticed there was a tie-dye station set up. It was 5:50, and the sign said, due to the popularity of the activity, they cut off the line at 5:45. There was no one waiting in line, although the tables were being used. I decided to confirm with a cast member that they were done taking new people for the day. She said they usually have a long line, but today was unusual. They absolutely still had space! Joanna had to wait for a table to open up because it's one family per table. While we waited, the app notified me that our food was ready. The cast members were so friendly and helpful. They said they'd get Joanna started on the tie dye while I picked up our food. By the time I made it back, Joanna was mostly done!

We enjoyed our dinner (she got a pizza and fruit, and I got a salad and fries). We swam some more but at the Little Mermaid pool, and then we cleaned up and went to bed early. We're getting up early in the morning to "rope drop" Magic Kingdom!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb