Disney World


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Apopka
February 25th 2009
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

February 25, Wednesday

We rode down I-4 to Disney World, and began our magical time in Magic Kingdom. This was a great park, lots of fun even for adults, and we rode every ride with very little waiting time. They have instituted a Fast Pass system, where you can insert your park pass, get a ticket for a later time, and when you return, you go through a different line which gets you right to the front very quickly. Much better than standing in line for an hour, and from Disney's point of view, it gives you more time to wander through the many gift shops and buy food at the vendors. We had a great time together, and even got into the park without having to pay the $12 parking fee. On the return ride, we stopped and picked up a fleece sleeping bag. I think this will help keep Deb considerably warmer. Back at the campsite and snuggled in for yet another chilly night. These cold nights are beginning to have an affect. Our plan is to stay Friday night at a motel, and then go up to Daytona Beach for a few days of bike week, where we will meet Wayne and Peggy Garrison. We'll be camping at Holiday Travel Park in Bunnell FL, where they have a section reserved for BMW riders to camp.

February 26, Thursday

We returned to Disney, this time the Animal Kingdom. There are some good rides here, especially Everest, which is a roller coaster that at one point comes to a stop, and then rolls backwards downhill. We did most of the rides in this park, thankfully the crowd was very small. Of the two, Magic Kingdom is my favorite. Another return home after dark, but not quite as late as last night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb