Another Addendum: What Nancy Didn't Tell You


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
September 20th 2005
Published: September 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yes. As Nancy mentioned, we are currently stranded in the windy, rainy, flightless city of Miami, where we've spent the last two days mostly sprawled out on airport floors, talking with various tourists in various lounge areas. This whole ordeal has been incredibly draining, not only for the psyche, but for the body and the wallet, as well. The airline has been nice enough to provide us with housing and food vouchers, but they unfortunately cannot provide a change of clothes - thus, Nancy and I have been sporting the same outfits for three days now. I'm not going to lie - my shirt is pretty rank at this point. Thankfully, we've concocted a plan for tomorrow morning: having stolen red fleece blankets from our Boston flight, said blankets will make a lovely wrap-around skirt. You know, Jamaican style. If anyone asks, we're just practicing for Kingston.
Onto more pressing matters: the three trassexuals. Two of them we spotted our first day in Miami. One, we'll call her 'Chris'tine, flaunted her lengthy legs in dark-washed, tight-fitting jeans, while her breasts were accentuated by a baby blue sequined tank top. A giant silver necklace hung around her neck and her hands sported a variety of bracelets and bangles and one giant ruby ring on her middle finger. To top the charade off, 'Christine's' hair was in a messy ponytail with dark brown roots and bright blond flowing hair which, I'm sad to report, sat in a wig on top of her head. The second of the three girls - 'Brian'a actually came to pick 'Christine' up from baggage claim. 'Briana' was shorter than 'Christine,' but with very square shoulders and enough make up on to resink the Titanic. She was wearing a sparkly red halter top and a mini-mini-mini-skirt with high-high-high heels, which did not necessarily flatter her manly legs. Her hair, however, was gorgeous. I was jealous. We spotted our final specimen on the payphone this afternoon. 'Alex'is' stood at a height somewhere between 'Christine' and 'Briana' but had enough tattooes to have covered both ladies. 'Alexis' probably had the poorest fashion sense of our three subjects: A seagreen courdorouy mini-skirt was paired with a swirly brown silky shirt, over which she wore an old black hoodie. Gracing her legs were a pair of knee-length striped stockings and brown timberland boots. There was no make up on 'Alexis,' which, in this case, worked much to her disadvantage, because she really, REALLY could have used some. She did have nice high cheekbones, though.
All in all, the joy of monitoring these three women made the whole airport ordeal worthwhile. I'm just glad we were able to keep ourselves entertained by speculating as to the stories behind the girls. And in case you're wondering how we are so sure as to the identities of our three subjects: our suspicions were confirmed by a young artists from San Francisco. If anyone would know for sure, it was him.
That's all for now. We shall be sure to send more updates once we make it to Jamaica! love, meg

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb