monsooooooon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
July 28th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It would appear that we hit Florida in time for monsoon season. All the way to Miami we ran into heavy downpours off and on. It would rain for 20 minutes and we'd have to slow down to around 30 mph, then it would stop and everyone would speed up again. The temperature inside the bus when we closed the widows for the rain stiffling and the constant;open the windows, close the windows, was getting on everyones nerves. the bus was leaking from everywhere from the heavy rain and was getting everything inside wet as well. The humidity and heat inside the bus resembles that of a jungle and the smell is starting to resemble that of a locker room less the soap and shampoo.
In Miami we played at an English style club in Little Haiti. We had some difficulty with the monitor mix but kind of worked it out. Dinner was on the club. We had the choice of fish and chips, shepards pie, or Scotch eggs. We stayed the night with the promoter and hit Starbucks on the way out of town. most of the morning the weather was okay. Around 2 or 3 we found ourselves back in monsoons and got soaked making a bathroom stop along the Florida turpike.
We stopped for the night at a cousin of Edwards in Tallahassee. We were fortunate enough to find enough vegoil on a random food stop to fill the tank once again. As long as our luck holds out we should be able to do the whole tour on vegetfable oil. I was able to take a few pictures of the sunset before going in for the night. We watched a little Southpark before going to sleep. Tomorrow....New Orleans.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ducks?ducks?
ducks?

they wanted to come on the bus with us
spiderspider
spider

these things are kind of cute


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb