Miami Go away Rachel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
June 21st 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

June 21stSo after a very eventful night for Richard, losing his phone and all, he thought it would be a good idea to get a replacement. An iPad. I think he had a little bit of iPad envy that spurred to make this purchase. To be fair you need something for the buses to keep you sane and distracted from the window lickers on the greyhound. So we headed off onto a pretty long walk to find the nearest apple shop to buy rich an IPad. We arrived, rich took forever trying to pick which IPad he wanted. During this time we had an "interesting chat" with a women who worked there who loved the accents and all, interested in what we were doing back home but then she said do what makes you happy as the world is going to end soon. I questioned her to see if this was a joke, to see if she genuinely believed this. She did. She didn't know when but it was soon. Crazy. We acquired the iPad and headed to the Miami police station to report the stolen phone in the hope of claiming it back when we get home. So in we walked, a little bit nervous. It's a police station everyone gets weird in them. We were told to take a seat. We were the only two people in the whole station and they made us wait 45 minutes while these two police officers were just sat in their chairs chatting about absolute crap. We heard them chatting about basketball, families and other no police related stuff as we were sat there like lemons. Finally we got called up and they said "so where did this alleged stolen phone incident take place". Alleged ! He didn't believe us. He then went on to say all Europeans come over to the states and claim they have lost stuff to claim back on the insurance. Rich was pretty close to snapping at this point. It was hot, he had lost his phone with photos, contacts ect from the whole trip so far and then this arrogant police officer was giving us attitude. His patronising form filling In and question asking lead to us both leaving pretty hot headed. He definitely heard me call him a prick under my breath just before we left. Moral victory for us. Just around the corner from the Police station we ran into the Miami ink tattoo shop from the tv programme. To our disgust, it wasn't the same layout and none of the celeb tattoo artists were there. Apparently it got changed round 5 years ago. Either way, we thought it would be funny to get a picture with rich and his awful tattoo next to the Miami ink shop. As seen in the picture. We got back to the hostel, back to the room to where we would shower and decide we have been defeated. The dream of ten nights out in a row was shattered. We could only manage nine. Plus tomorrow would be a travel day. Miami had broke us. Literally 10 minutes of being back in our room I get a knock on the door. Rich was in the shower so I answered it. It was his shadow. She wandered straight in. I literally went straight to my bed and played on my iPad as she tried to communicate to rich through the door. Both of us were really not in the mood for her. Luckily for me it was rich she was bugging. Next thing I know I hear rich screaming. She had managed to get into the bathroom and sneak up on rich and to get in the shower with him. My Christ. "Rachel!! Get out of here now" it was so funny from the outside but I could hear it in rich's voice he was about to knock her out. She came out of the bathroom and persisted in staying. She wanted to go on a walk with rich. I have a video of her almost leaving and coming back about 3 times. It pretty funny to watch looking back now. The best line was, Rachel "you only want to hang out at night and not in the day" trying to make rich feel back. He responded with "Rachel look outside, it's still light just, go away, let me shower and get ready and I'll meet you downstairs." she finally went threatening that if we didn't hurry up she may go out with some other people. This was a threat we hoped she kept and saw through. I headed downstairs to watch the Miami heat game. Rachel assured rich it did not start for another 30mins so they had time for a walk. In actuality it started 5 mins from when we got down there. He figured this out when they walked past a pub and he saw the game. He tells me he made an instant you turn back to the hostel and sat next to me to watch the heat absolutely dominate Oklahoma thunder and to spend our last night in Miami with some great new friends. Rachel through a strop and went to her room. Once the match had finished I said goodbye to the people I wouldn't see in the morning and headed to bed. Rich tried to do the same but this is where Rachel once again reappeared to sit on his lap, grab his iPad and take pictures of the two of them as if they were madly in love. I'm confident rich deleted them as soon as he palmed her off and made his way to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1004s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb