OLD TOWN & BUDWEISER CLYDESDALES, AGAIN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Kissimmee
January 29th 2017
Published: January 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

New Entrance to Old TownNew Entrance to Old TownNew Entrance to Old Town

New Ferris Wheel
Just like we planned, we (the four of us and all of you) trekked up to Old Town to see the famous Budweiser Clydesdale horses, again. How lucky can we be? .....twice in less than a week to see these magnificent animals! At home, I get excited seeing a raccoon on our outdoor camera.
It was chilly but not bad. Lulu opted to stay in bed and keep warm. She's getting finicky in her old age.

Old Town is located on Rt.192. Our RV park is located behind it. Easy enough to walk to....so no pushing or shoving. We'll get there in plenty of time.

First, we have to eat so the consensus was pizza at Flippers (pizza place at Old Town). It was delish. Sam & Sandy shared a pizza while I got their simple pasta dish and Cory got a meatball sandwich (he loves meatballs). Did you like your meal?

Even when Old Town doesn't have a special event going on, it is a fun place to just wander through the "little town of stores" and window shop. Whoa....a new store has opened this year. Called "Full Dollar". We all rushed in. It was fun. Sandy found some garments to try on. Yes, right in the middle of the aisle. She's not shy. Guess which one she chose as her favorite. Yup!

Onward we marched down the sidewalk.....or the roadway... cause nothing was happening yet that closed it off. We made our way to the end of Old Town where the Clydesdales were just being unloaded. We saw several of our Tropical Palms friends gathered in this same area. Again, the staff lathered on their "spit and polish" to the wagon and the great horses. Once ready, the team started clopping up the roadway through Old Town. A beautiful sight to see.

We ran into our Canadian friends, Winston & Sharon and their family. They moved out of TP a couple years ago and have stayed at Regal Oakes (resort outside of TP). They said they are coming back to TP March 1st. Hooray! Welcome home, friends. Tammy, Gord, Carol & George joined us to watch the horses pass by in the middle of "town". Joe & Bonnie came by, also --- it was almost like coffee hour being with all these great friends again. Lulu would be sad missing this group gathering so
Sandy tries on new pantiesSandy tries on new pantiesSandy tries on new panties

Which did she like best?
we won't tell her. She dies to be the center of attraction.

They halted the horses in a couple areas so folks could get a good look of them and great pictures. Finally, they returned to the back of Old Town only to lead the parade of the Saturday Night Cruise Cars. Every Saturday night, owners bring in their gorgeous, classic cars and display them through the roadways of Old Town. The crowds are huge but tonight they were even bigger because of the Clydesdales. It was so festive. I could see you enjoyed it. The car photos I took were only a small sampling of the many cars in the parade. I took a lot of corvette pictures for my cousin, Paul. He collects them. Me, I just collect Sally Patchin baskets...but of course, I can't ride around in them!

Our evening ended on a high note. Everything was right with the world and we had had a fun evening. Hope you did, too.

The weather, this weekend, took a turn for the worst. Cold and rainy (fortunately the rain was in the night). The park is quiet. No one around. Rats! Everyone is bundled up keeping warm inside their RV's or cottages. The sun will shine soon ...the park will come alive once again. We'll be back on the go so watch for the next notice we send out. We'll pick you up. 23 pictures this time around.?


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Beautiful horseBeautiful horse
Beautiful horse

Staff member
Laser designs on sidewalkLaser designs on sidewalk
Laser designs on sidewalk

Pictures kept changing...cool
Sandy picked out this carSandy picked out this car
Sandy picked out this car

Hauls a motorcycle
CorvetteCorvette
Corvette

Corvette
JeepJeep
Jeep

Truck...Jeep?
Pretty carPretty car
Pretty car

Convertible
Corvette Corvette
Corvette

Red car
JeepJeep
Jeep

Cute white truck
Corvette Corvette
Corvette

Corvette
VWVW
VW

Army Jeep


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb