Long Key State Park - The Florida Keys


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys
January 18th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunrise at Long KeySunrise at Long KeySunrise at Long Key

Every morning this is my view from our camper door, the sun rising over the Atlantic Ocean.
Driving from St. Lucie to the Keys was an absolutely delightful trip. We never got back on a highway. We took Route 76 over to Lake Okeechobee and then down Route 27 and 997 to Homestead and then onto the Keys. Our friends, Dick and Jane always gets off of 95 and head to Lake Okeechobee to avoid that mess from West Palm Beach down through Miami and from now on we will also.

So here we sit at beautiful Long Key State Park in the Florida Keys. Our Fifth Wheel is less than 20 feet from the high-water mark of the Atlantic Ocean. We are enjoying the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, the sunny, warm weather, the ocean to our south and the bay to our north to fish in from our boat or explore with our kayak. We have campfires on our site as we look out over the ocean at night. We have sun-filled skies in the day and star-filled skies at night. We have found Paradise!

Every morning we walk the beach or the trail and bike path. There is so much to do here and all of it is outdoors - biking, walking, kayaking, fishing. We feel for our friends and family who are back home in New England. They just got another foot of snow, making the total there thus far - 5 Feet!

Tomorrow we move on to our next destination - Bahia Honda State Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Getting ready to go out fishingGetting ready to go out fishing
Getting ready to go out fishing

I caught a yellow tail but not long enough to keep
Full Moon over Long KeyFull Moon over Long Key
Full Moon over Long Key

The moon was larger and brighter this month than usual. We have such lovely, star-filled skies here at night.
Wounded Warrior ProjectWounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Project

We heard about their ride through the Keys on a Miami TV Station. We watched them ride and applauded and thanked them for their sacrifice.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb