Finally here in Marathon!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Marathon
August 16th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

DSC03000DSC03000DSC03000

Melissa, Todd, and Mom enjoying a lovely night at the Hollerbach's Willow Tree Cafe (the restaurant Melissa and myself work at! haha!)
Due to internet problems, I couldn't post a blog last night! I was very upset but hooray for today because the internet is up and running! I guess I should start from the beginning.

Friday night was the first night the family all got together. We decided to go to the restaurant my sister and myself work at--Willow Tree Cafe. Thankfully we decided to hang out with the family and eat instead of serve. It was pretty fun. Everyone (except Max and me haha) had great German beer on draft, listened to accordian playing, and ate delicious German food.

Saturday we all woke up early to get on the road. We split into two cars because Todd and Melissa have a friend that lent us a boat! Pretty crazy! So the boys went in one truck and the girls (including Pepper, Melissa and Todd's dog) followed behind. Everything was good until about the second hour when Todd's truck started acting up. Next thing I know we are stuck in a place called Sebastian (which I'm sure I couldn't find again) for two hours at a McDonalds while Todd fixed the truck. That was definitely an adventure. Luckily, the truck
DSC03002DSC03002DSC03002

Mom sure is having fun!
was easily fixable and we were off again. Once we hit Miami, the weather got super bad. It was all stormy and at times we had to go so slow and people had their hazard lights on and everything. We passed lots of car accidents, like a flipped jeep and a hummer that had somehow flipped their trailer. It was pretty crazy.

After our EIGHT HOUR car ride (haha!) we finally made it to Marathon! The house is so gigantic. It has three stories, a pool, and is right on a canal so we can hitch the boat behind it. My bedroom is on the ground floor, which has two bedrooms and a living room. Melissa and Todd are staying there too. The second floor has another living room, a kitchen and dining room, Grandpa's room and Max's room, and an outside balcony. Lastly, the third floor has another living area and the master bedroom for Mom and Dad with another balcony. So basically it's AWESOME!

We ended up taking a dip in the pool and going grocery shopping. It was still kind of stormy out, but we braved the wind and ate out on the balcony! Ended up being a nice, peaceful night after the tiring car ride.

NOW for Day 2!

We had a really really relaxing day today! Swam in the pool and lounged about. Todd and Melissa actually have friends that live in condos like...50 feet from the house we are renting down the canal haha. They came over and we went out on a boat ride around the key. It's so beautiful here. Today was pretty nice weather-wise and we got to see public beach and the seven-mile bridge and all that. Afterwards I was soo tired that I took a nap! I haven't taken a nap in a loooong time! After I woke up, I saw that Grandpa, Max, and Todd were fishing off the dock. They caught some nice bait fish for fishing in the ocean tomorrow. Max stayed out there and ended up catching a barracuda!! It was super cool! Sorry I missed out on pictures for that. We grilled out for dinner tonight and plan on just hanging around or fishing around tomorrow.

Also, don't worry, the rest of the entries won't be sooo long or tediously detailed. I always feel like I have to paint
DSC03006DSC03006DSC03006

Family picture!
a picture of the first day because it's the most interesting and surprising.

SOOO keep checking back and I love you guyssssssssss!



Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

DSC03007DSC03007
DSC03007

Grandpa and Max joined the party train around the restaurant! So funny!
DSC03016DSC03016
DSC03016

Our entertainment for the evening. That little boy was so amazing with the violin.
DSC03020DSC03020
DSC03020

On our way to the Keys!!!
DSC03022DSC03022
DSC03022

Todd, Max, Dad, and Grandpa pulling the boat in the truck.
DSC03025DSC03025
DSC03025

Potty break.
DSC03026DSC03026
DSC03026

Oh no! We had some major car trouble.
DSC03028DSC03028
DSC03028

Waiting for her Daddy to come back from the car parts store.
DSC03030DSC03030
DSC03030

Sleepy time!
DSC03035DSC03035
DSC03035

Basically from Miami down to the Keys the weather was soooo horrible!
DSC03039DSC03039
DSC03039

First glance of blue skies!
DSC03043DSC03043
DSC03043

We made it to the house!
DSC03048DSC03048
DSC03048

The canal we can fish off of.


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb