No Boatel for us! We are at the Pelican


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key Largo
February 23rd 2014
Published: February 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

After Terry read new scary reviews about Boatel, we were not expecting much, it was worse.



Poor Terry has wanted this for a year and when we got there he was truly insenced and dissappointed. Thank God I can't walk ( after my fall down the stairs a few weeks before the trip), we were able to get out of our contract. The boat was 3 levels and down a steep incline. From the bedroom, down to the kitchen, I could not negociate the 3step circular staircase. Then on the outside, the deck leading to the back balcony was a mere foot wide and we would then have to climb a ladder to get to the top deck, in full sun all day. Then there is the view! Overlooking their fleet of dirty old boat and a swampy mangrove; after Steve and Howard's mansion last night and the Oasis of the Seas, we were not very pleased with Boatel. Though, I did not see bedbugs, just one black speck on the matress.

We are at the Pelican, Key Largo Cottages on the Bay, with a western exposure;beats Boatel again, because sunsets on the bay are legondary. Unfortunately, for one night only. More news to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb