Critters


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
December 22nd 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Here's some photos of some of the "critters"we've come across around Florida:


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

ArmadillosArmadillos
Armadillos

Baby armadillo "pups". Strange little things aren't they? We think we've got one living in our front garden.
Brown AnoleBrown Anole
Brown Anole

Heaps of these little guys hang out in our Florida room, particularly in the warmer months (which is just about all of the time). They produce this red "dewlap" when they feel threatened by another male.
Green AnoleGreen Anole
Green Anole

I fluked catching a shot of this one. It's actually a "Green Anole", but these ones change colour very quickly to brown when they get a fright.
Green AnoleGreen Anole
Green Anole

This is the same type of lizard, but in his more "timid" state which is the way they'll normally show themselves to us. It's difficult to catch them before they turn from green to brown.
Black RacerBlack Racer
Black Racer

One of the non-venomous snakes in Florida, this guy lives inside the wall of our house. (he seems to keep to himself) His eyes look blue, because they are actually closed, as he suns himself on our driveway.
SquirrelSquirrel
Squirrel

One of the members of the Hallam oaktree circus.
Ducklings December 04Ducklings December 04
Ducklings December 04

This was the duck family shortly after we moved to Jacksonville.
January 05January 05
January 05

They've grown incredibly fast in such a short space of time!
AprilApril
April

They've grown into "teenagers" and are that friendly, they'll jump in your lap if you let them.
December 05December 05
December 05

After ignoring us for several months (presumably, being typical teenagers- out creating trouble), they finally return, expecting us to feed them once more.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb