JAX Irish Fest


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
April 28th 2007
Published: April 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This year started the first JAX Irish Fest. And of course, Gaby and I had to go. Not only were they celebrating the Irish culture, i.e. lots of drinking, but our favorite band, Flogging Molly was set to perform. Now neither Gaby nor I had a car, so we borrowed my roommate's on the condition that we be back in time to pick her up from work (even though our dorm is a five minute walk from work). That meant we had to leave at 10pm. Flogging Molly weren't scheduled to come on stage until 9:30pm. The half hour we were there though was worth the all the pushing and crushing people were doing behind us. I have never been groped so many times in such a small period of time. And by other girls too! Screaming Orphans also made an appearance, and they were great! There were also a lot of more traditional bands playing at a side stage and there was even a stage for Irish dance performances. What really made the festival though, was watching people walk around with shots of whiskey and pints of Guinness. It really created the perfect atmosphere for all the bands that came to perform.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The CrowdThe Crowd
The Crowd

We took this picture as we were being crushed by the other Flogging Molly fans during the concert.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb