Flo-rida, day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Myers
March 31st 2012
Published: March 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

IMAG1208IMAG1208IMAG1208

Im not really big into molesting animals... just sayin
Both Nicole and I started this trip sick, which is an always fun plane ride (I'm sure I infected half of the passengers on the plane, youre welcome). We started off by laying at the beach and of course we set up next to a group of 18 year-olds who were hammered and beligerant by 2 in the afternoon. So we decided to grab drinks of our own, since were in the south I had no choice but to drink Yueng-Ling (Budweiser of the south). Then we swindled our way onto one of the charter boats for some night fishing. We set out like 2 hours during the sunset which was nice. We were able to catch some grouper and snapper fish and a bunch of other odd looking fish that I cant pronounce. We did see a bunch of flying fish and squid, which are the strangest bastards I've ever seen. Lastly, whats a charter trip without the douchebag 12 year old who catches a shark, tangling everyones lines up, and thinks its the coolest thing ever (not gonna lie, I wish it was me). On the way back from 2 hours to sea was the 2 hour return, which was fucking freezing and every asshole decided to lay across the inside seats on the boat, leaving us outsiude. As we were exiting the boat some old lady says, "people just keep walking past us as we try to get off," as both Nicole and I intentionally walk past her. Nicole says to her, "well some of us had to sit in the freezing cold for the last 2 hours while some people were inside staying warm." It shut her up soo bad, hah, Nicole can be such a bitch some times, its great.... Oh and ps, theres signs everywhere warning people about alligators, I BETTER SEE AN ALLIGATOR!!

-Mark

The first night we ate at the mantanzas inn (spelling may be off) and the food was pretty good, its a little pricey, but the cheap food on the beach worried my stomach. We split the steamed clams as an appetizer, they were not impressive to say the least. The flavor was decent however, there were 13 shells on the plate and only 8 of them actually had a clam in them. Then we split the broiled grouper as an entree (we had never had grouper) That
IMAG1213IMAG1213IMAG1213

The bridge tro Fort Myers Beach
was VERY good, cooked nicely and the fries and veggies we got for sides were good also. I love the sand on the beaches, white and clean. If you have been to New Hampshire beaches its grainy and littered. Souvenier shopping should be done at the stores NOT directly on the beach, I found a beach bag at one store for $22 on the beach, the EXACT same bag at a store just before the beach (winds outlet) $16! Night fishing was fun. Note to self: Snag a spot inside ASAP, mark your territory with bags as soon as you get on the boat! Weather has been great, 85 and sunny thus far.

-Nicole


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb