Fort Myers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Myers
December 11th 2005
Published: January 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We loved our RV park, Cypress Woods, in Fort Myers, Florida. The "lots" are all owned - similar to a condo scenerio. When not in use the owners can put their lots into a rental pool (that would be us!). Because they are "owned" there is a great deal of pride taken in landscaping the individual lots. The look is wonderful. The RVs are often interspersed with attractive, compact "manufactured" homes along winding streets so the total effect is like a neighborhood. A little "sanitized" but a nice balance to some of our funkier destinations. One of our reasons for picking Cypress Woods for us was that they have the facilies to store the RV when we fly home for business and family holidays. We knew it would be nice, but it exceeded our expectations. Two great pools, hot tubs, nice roadways for safe biking, laundry facilities, and a location that is convenient to the interstate. We had nice - very helpful - neighbors and were actually invited to a party, but had to decline for travel reasons. We used the RV park as a convenient base of operations and really didn't hang out there very much, but it was a great place to come home to. We visited the Edison/Ford Museum in Fort Myers. It was all decorated for Christmas and the tour was very interesting. We took a boat ride on an electric boat similar to the one that Thomas Edison liked to pilot around. One thing about the whole tour, etc. is that Schenectady, NY - which was one of Thomas Edison's early R&D and manufacturing locatons was not mentioned. Guess Fort Myers wants to keep Edison to themsleves. One night we crossed the Calooshatchee River to Pinchers Crab Shack in North Fort Myers for a great meal in a funky environment. We wouldn't have found it if we hadn't been told that you had to go though a Quality Inn (I think that's the chain) to get there. Wonderful view of Fort Myers looking across the river at night. While we are not great shoppers, we did find a great mall in Fort Myers - love the way it is arranged around an open air plaza - with really nice restaurants, sidewalk diniing, classy stores, no food court. I think it was the Bell Tower Mall. While in Fort Myers we visited Naples, Sanibel and Captiva - more about those great spots in a future entry.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb