The Big Reveal: "Little" Lulu Goes to Sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
January 24th 2014
Published: January 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Oasis of the SeasOasis of the SeasOasis of the Seas

Our Cruise Ship
Sailing, Sailing.....Over the Bounding Main. It's time to share with you our upcoming, new, exciting adventure. Tomorrow, we board the biggest cruise ship - Royal Caribbean's "Oasis of the Seas" - and set sail on our first Caribbean Cruise. Our first cruise ever! Yahooooo. Yipeeeeee. The cruise will be utterly fantastic - how could it possibly get any better? Well, it can & this is how: we are going on this cruise with our wonderful friends, Sam & Sandy! Whoopee. Zoweeeeee. This traveling duo have gone on 34+ cruises so it is like we are sailing with the ultimate, top-notch, professional cruisers. They will guide us through this exciting experience like two Captains on the Love Boat. We can't wait! Our cruise lasts for a week, returning on Feb. 1st. We sail from Port Lauderdale, go to the Bahamas, St.Thomas, St. Maarten and return back to Port Lauderdale. Ooooooooo. We have seen pictures of the ship and it is almost more than what we can comprehend. Having never even been near a ship like this, we will be in awe of it all. We will really be like kids in a candy store (a monster size store at that). Because we won't be using internet service, my blog of this fantastic journey will have to come upon our return. Rest up and get comfy cause you just know I'll have much to tell. A cruise was chosen by Cory and myself to celebrate major events we share in this year of 2014. First, our 50th anniversary! A half century, five decades, fifty years - a long time - Who would have thought? From pumping a broken fuel pump in an MGA sportscar (with vomit-fragrant side curtains) .......'member the elopement story........to sailing on the largest, fanciest cruise ship. WOW.....We've come a long way, Baby! I'm so lucky and happy that I've reached this milestone with the love of my life! Both our 70th birthdays arrive during this celebratory year. Geez, we're getting old! But, at least, we can do it together. With so many major life events to put in the old memory book or blog, we knew we wanted to do something special. So picture us at the bow of the ship, bellowing out "I'm King of the World" as we skim across the bounding sea! Gasp....I'm breathless in anticipation. We are packed like we are going to Europe for a year. I always like being prepared for anything. No room for one thing more....so now for the next update. It hurts me to even tell you. Lulu can't go with us on the cruise. Her head is too big. I've told her that so many times, too. What to do??? Bring a proxy. So, meet "Little" Lulu....she actually is the real Little Lulu! Little Lulu is my favorite, favorite comic book character. I Love Little Lulu! I have saved every Little Lulu comic book I had growing up (hundreds) and have collected various Little Lulu memorabilia. Thus, here she is: one of my heirlooms! Little Lulu was such an important character in my life that during High School, when I had to write an essay about "My Most Admired Person"......yup....I wrote about Little Lulu. I got an "A" on that essay. She has been so good to me. So, as I capture some of the incredible scenes on our seafaring journey, you will still see Lulu in them ......she will just be "little." Happy Days and Bon Voyage! See you in a week!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Fun & FoodFun & Food
Fun & Food

What we live for -
Nightclubs & CasinosNightclubs & Casinos
Nightclubs & Casinos

A Dream Come True!
So Much to SeeSo Much to See
So Much to See

So Much to Do!
Meet Little LuluMeet Little Lulu
Meet Little Lulu

Big & Little Lulu's..Love them both
Stow AwayStow Away
Stow Away

She wants to go so bad! But she has to stay home.....sniff, sniff.


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb