Fort lauderdale


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday 8th of June The day began at about 10:30am. A nice lye in was needed, after one hell of a travel day. We got changed and went to reception, where we found out we could hire bicycles, for free for two hours. How awesome is that! We took the bikes straight to the beaches broadwalk and rode along in the cycle lanes taking in our surroundings. It was a glorious day to be out riding a bike the sun was on our backs but the sea breeze was keeping us cool and there were so many restaurants. All seemed to be fine until we realised the bikes had no bloody breaks! What sort of idiot doesn't put breaks on a bike. And what idiots get on bikes without noticing they don't have brakes! We carried on our ride I was happy the sit and chill out not bothered by speed. Michael however happy usually to dordle along when walking in the searing heat. But give that boy a bike suddenly he needs to go as fast as possible rushing around as if we had to get somewhere on time. We had nothing to do but he wanted to do it fast.What a Muppet. When we got back to the hostel we did a bit of skypeing back home. Then got our stuff together and headed off to out first proper beach session. The hostel was awesome they had a free umbrella and chairs two borrow we headed out and set up camp looking out into the sparkling blue ocean. At this point I would like to use the word fabulous but I have been banned as Michael says its a gay word, and we are lads on a tour. We creamed ourselves and headed out into the water to chuck a ball around. There was I must say from what we had seen a lack of young people. We heard that there would be young women in thongs everywhere along the beaches in Florida. We were deceived, Fort Lauderdale only had obese old women and the site of their wrinkly chafed thighs and bums in thongs has left me never needing a cold shower again. We needed pre drinks for the nights antics and we also needed food for the our time in Fort Lauderdale so we would save some money. Our room had a microwave so the possibilities were endless. It was only a 2mile walk to Publix supermarket. But at 4pm the heat was incredible about 35°C and the humidity was extremely high.This all made the air heavy we walked for what seemed ages, I can't describe the pleasure I felt when we got in the supermarket and I stood the freezer section. We made it back to shower, eat and get ready for our first night out. Our pre drinking session seemed pretty normal lots of card games music banter and of course a few silly wrestling matches. We were drinking vodka as per usual the only difference was that I had, had one bowl of super noodles all day. As all of you may have guessed I can't remember leaving the hostel. Michael informed me later that we left late and tried to walk to the bars, we had heard about on Harrison street, near the Publix we went to earlier. For the nights antics or lack of please see the next blog written by someone that remembers it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb