Fort Lauderdale arrival


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

7th May travel to Fort Lauderdale The original plan was to get up at 6.30, get some food, check out of the hotel and be at the greyhound bus station ready to go an hour before we were meant to leave. Getting to the station an hour before was a lesson we learnt the hard way back in Atlanta. The alarm went off as planned however we, in a half awake state made the decision to get the 12.45 bus instead. A few more hours sleep later we got up checked out with 1 hr and 45 mins till our bus was leaving. The decision was to go straight there or grab some food first. Long story short, we missed our bus again !!!! The food and taxi took forever to come and we may of had a chance if the stupid obese women hadn't of been chatting to everyone in the line. Luckily for us this time another bus was only an hour and 30 mins after. My first funny moment of this trip was watching a small Chinese girl keep knocking her head on rich's shoulder. She was asleep and swaying everywhere. You can see from the picture. The next was almost having the bus drive off without me. When we stopped to let people off the driver announced we would be stopping for 5 minutes. I took this opportunity to get off and relieve myself. Less than 2 minutes into this break, a very dramatic white haired man runs into the loo assuring me that the bus was leaving and to run ! I don't know who this man was but the bus was there ready for me a long with the extra 2 minutes I had. He must of been bored and found it funny to hurry my bowels. Next thing to happen was the bus broke down. It's slowly came to a halt along a busy highway. Luckily we were only stopped for 15 minutes or so as the problem was the bus had overheated and this little break was enough to get it going again. A couple of hours later we made it to Fort Lauderdale, hopped in a taxi and made our way to our hostel. Our hostel was very nice, we managed to get a double private room for the same price as the 10 bedroom with everyone in. We put our bags down and headed out to go watch the remaining minutes of the Miami versus Boston basketball on one of the TVs in a bar. Le Bron James absolutely ripped Boston apart and tied up this series 3 -3 to go to a deciding final match.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.005s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.9353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb