Destination Found


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Destin
January 17th 2013
Published: January 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a morning spent in New Orleans, we made Destin tonight around seven. On the way into town, we found a great local retaurant located directly on the beach. We shared a great seafood platter along with beer and wine.

The final approach to Destin was tedious! We had 40 miles of bumper-to-bumper traffic and stop lights about every half mile. Still, it was great to finally make it to Destin. The rain had continued, but the temperature was finally comfortable in the 60's!

Our camp site (or parking spot for Stormy) is great. Just a few feet from the beach, very secluded and private, yet right in the middle of Destin! The park was an old family estate that was deeded to the State of Florida on the condition that it be used as a state park. There is a mile of pristine beach that belongs to the park. What wonderful location! I can't wait to get pictures to post!

We are settling in for movie night! Not much t.v. reception here so I am glad that we carry an ample supply of favorite movies.

Can't wait for tomorrow to go exploring!!

Keep posted for updates tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb