Flea market


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Deerfield Beach
October 12th 2011
Published: October 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we headed off early to the flea market.

We found a great pickle store where the owners delighted in telling all about the history of their pickles. They gave us a free sample of a few of them. Met a New York customer of theirs who was very enthusiastic about these pickles and about two on sticks to eat now. We felt that after all that they had put into this, we should buy one of their pickles. We chose one and had it put in a bag for later. It cost us about 67 -cents – about 50 pence in the UK.

We were in the flea market for about 3 hours this morning. Another well worth trip.

When we were travelling back from the Everglades on Monday, George spotted a reptile shop. Today we decided we would return there and have a look around. The owner of the shop was happy for us to wander and see his many weird and wonderful animals. He must have had about 80 / 90 different snakes, spiders, grubs and other critters. Behind the desk he also had many cabinets of food that they sell for food including a box with about many little mice in it.

The area that we are staying in is not really a tourist area, so does not have the normal touristic attractions.

This evening we visited a local American deli for tea. We had a light tea followed by two very delightful typical American deserts. A lovely meal. You can not leave Florida without sampling thier traditional Keylime pie. Delicious and well up to the mark. In the restaurant, we had dinner alongside the local sheriff and his partner. Thier squad car was outside. Another nice day in Miami.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb