Daytona Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Daytona Beach
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Hello,
We have had a great day today. We picked up a hire car this morning and let the kids sleep in. It was strange to be on the other side of the road a bit freaky!!!!!!! It was good to see the suburbs the houses are all weather board and look like dolls hou.ses. Lots of lush green forest area and very tall cotton palms .
We drove to Daytona Race Park about a one hour drive. Boy it was massive, holds 250,000.00 fans. We took a tour all around and on the track, followed by a 3D IMAX movie, they have the Dayton 500 in February so are starting to get ready now. We also went on a couple of simulator rides, it was lots of fun. They had some great displays and things to see.
After this we drove on a few more miles to Daytona Beach, it was a bit cloudy today and windy so not really good beach weather. But it was good to see, you can drive cars on the beach here like at Moana. The hotels around were a bit older than we expected but looks like a fun area in the summer. There were surfers out and a bit of a swirl.
On the way home we stopped at some outlet shops (more shopping) there are heaps of outlet shops here they are huge!!!!!!
We stopped for tea and got home by 10.30, the time just goes here its unreal. We went down for a swim and spa. We bought a lap top a few days ago as there is no internet here and we have been spending a bit on the internet cafes. So its nice to sit here and blog without any pressure. We are trying to put a short power point of photos together so keep posted!!!!
Cheers xoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb