Day 1 Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Anna Maria
March 18th 2012
Published: March 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After arriving in Bradenton and seeing my mom and brother we went to lunch at Denny's. I love Denny's!! We went back to the house to unpack and freshen up and then headed out to the island. Anna Maria Island is about 35 minutes from where we are staying Bradenton. The traffic was awful, everyone wanting to go to the Island for the day. We drove over a long bridge, just beautiful, sunny, boats, etc. Arrived on the Island at Holmes Beach. Drove through the little quaint town, reminds me of driving through Pentwater or Mackinaw Island, single street, little shops, gift stores, loved it!! Got out to the Spencer's house. The Spencer's are from Hart also and I went to school with their daughter Joanie. Beautiful pool, stunning views. Jerry Spencer took us for a drive to introduce us to the Island and stopped at an access to the beach. I was in awe....white sanding beaches, the Gulf of Mexico, it was so serene. We then went to dinner at a little pub. Went back to the their beach house and played cards and about 11:00pm left for home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb