Last days


Advertisement
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.8921, -77.0241

Up early Thursday morning and off to the Capitol. We had reservations for a tour of the Capitol building. There is a tunnel over to the Library of Congress from the Capitol, so we took that over to look around there. Our next stop was the US Supreme Court. It was sprinkling out, so we dug out the umbrellas and headed out. We spent about an hour there and got to sit in the courtroom where the justices work. Stacy was very happy. One of the Supreme Court justices was actually a professor where Stacy went to law school and she was a student.
It had stopped raining already. We went over to our Senators office and got visitors passes to go into the Capitol galleries. Not much was going on there, so we looked at the rooms and then left.
We still had some time left, so we headed over to the National Archives to see the original Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights and the Articles of Confederation.
Friday morning we headed out to the Smithsonian Castle for a look see. We then got on a tour bus and headed over to Mt. Vernon, Washington's home. We spent the rest of the day going through the house, gardens and other buildings on the 500 acre property.
After getting back to our hotel, we had some dinner and began packing for the trip home. We leave tomorrow at noon and will be back home by nine.
Another great trip! Thanks to everyone for all the comments on the pics and writings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb