More of Washington


Advertisement
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.8921, -77.0241

Up early and out the door. We had reservations for a tour of the Diplomatic Reception rooms at the State Dept. There are priceless works of art and furniture by American artists and cabinet makers in the rooms. These rooms are used to entertain government officials from other countries when they visit us. The rooms are spectacular, see pics.
When we were done with the tour, we headed over to the Smithsonian Museum of American History. We spent the rest of the day there and still didn't see it all. We had a quick dinner and then went on a bus for a tour of Washington at night. All of the monuments are lit up. It was very nice. We didn't get back to our room until after 10:30PM.
This morning, we walked over to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. We arrived around 10:30AM and started looking around. We were still there when they called out that they were closing at 5:30PM. We returned to our hotel, took a rest and then headed out to dinner.
Tomorrow, we have reservations for a tour of the Capitol.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



7th November 2013

Wow, this is pretty cool. I didn't know you could see this.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb