A Casual Day but Bad News


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Don in front of the distant Whitehouse Don in front of the distant Whitehouse Don in front of the distant Whitehouse

This is a yesterday picture because the camera is not working today.
Bad news is not really serious but my camera is acting up and could not take any pictures today.

I'm hoping that giving it a rest overnight will cause something good to happen! The switch from view pictures to camera mode does not seem to work.

We did attend church in the ward next to The Washington Temple. It was an enjoyable respite from our week of roving. We did drive back into DC to visit the Arlington Cemetery
and John F. Kennedy's grave (a Jacqueline's too). It was hot again. Over 90 F and most anything you want to do in Washington requires a big walk unless you take public transportation and even then one must walk. The cemetery was not air-conditioned! The car is. So we spent most of our time looking at Washington from the car. It was fun and relaxing on the most part.

Tonight we are relaxing at our Comfort Motel in Shady Grove about 9 miles north of DC. Tomorrow we will drive to Kirtland, Ohio going from Maryland through Pennsylvania. We may take in a few stops along the way.

Also, tonight, we decided to change our flight home to Thursday of this week from Wednesday of the following week. We will arrive in Calgary at about 7:30 PM on Thursday, Aug. 10th.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.5kb