4th of July and other shenannigans


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Interns!Interns!Interns!

This is 6 of the 8 interns, Candice, Sara, me, Emi, Kate, and Hema. We all work in the conference room, it's good bonding time.
What a delightful weekend!

So, since we had Friday off work (obviously) the interns all went out Thursday night. We went shopping for a while after work, and then met up at GWU at Emi's apartment for merriment. I met her friend whose name is, incredibly, Seth Sprinkle, and we basically hopped around the apartment drinking delicious beverages. Then we went to this bar called Japonais, and joy of joys, all the girls got wristbands even though I was the only one who was 21! It's nice to be a lady.

We hung out there until ridiculously late and then got shut out of the Metro because it closed at 1, so we all crashed at GW and got up bright and early on the 4th to go home. I slept through the parade but we went to fireworks on the mall. Me, Greg, and Whitney met up to see fireworks, and since it was raining on and off we just went to a bar and chilled out for a while before locating a dandy spot RIGHT next to the washington monument. Some crazy people ran through the crowd going "WOOO!! USA!!!" so we joined in and cheered and yelled "SPRING BREAK!" because that's how we roll. The fireworks show was really good, although shorter than I expected, but it was really fun.

After fireworks we somehow managed to get home despite the RIDICULOUS crowds at the Metro, and we went to Greg's apartment, cracked open a handle of $11 vodka, and chaos ensued. No reason to elaborate on this. :D

Hard to believe that was all before the weekend even really started! Saturday was a delightful day of waking up in my clothes from the night before and trying to piece together everyone's night, since somehow the TV had ended up on the floor and I was 99.9% sure I had just gone to sleep and not gotten up again, but Greg refused to admit he'd done it... fun times! Then I went back home and decided against going to Eastern Market with the ladies, but we did end up going to Dupont Circle last night for a bookstore run and coffee, and then we came back to the dorm to play Apples to Apples.

Now it's Sunday and I think we're going to Greg's later, at least I am, to enjoy the swimming pool at his apartment. Sweet!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb