He lives in a house a very big house in the country!!!!


Advertisement
Published: August 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now i was realy excited about going to Washington. Not because of real life politics but instead the fictional world of 'The West Wing'

Anyway after feeling what feels like a lifetime travelling on buses i took the train instead. This means i arrive at Union Station. This place is a wow place. It's a beautiful station. Anyway locating my hostel i then located the pharmacy as i have picked up yet another killer cold.

I had one day to explore Washington. Now arriving to beautiful sunshine i woke up to Grey miserable weather. (Still hot though!!!) My first stop was 1600 Pensylvannian avenue. Home of PoTUS (only 1 year to go for this guy!!) I must say i expected it to be bigger. There are buildings and wings off to the side which you don't really notice but as for the main bit that's always pictured. It's a bit small!!!

I then did the tour of the sites. The Washington Mounmet (or a giant spike), The Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials which were pretty cool and useful shelters when it rained.

Walking through the park areas seeing the memorials to all the wars and soldiers i made it to capital hill. This is a more impressive place and for those who don't know and if my memory is correct the home of congress and stuff like that.

Washington was fun and quiet due to it being a Sunday. I'ld like to see how it is on a busy weekday. Especially next year around election time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb