Takin the Alabamians up north!


Advertisement
Published: October 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Although I've ventured here many many times before, this trip still warrants a post. This trip marked the second time I've been the tour guide to those who have NEVER been to Washington, DC. The first was a few months back with Monika, not only was it her first trip to DC, but to the United States as well. This time, the guests weren't from so far away. My good friends from Alabama came all the way up to PA for my wedding, and on the road trip back down wanted to see our Nation's Capital. Now, coming from Alabama, or any area where most of what you see are small towns and country side (like where I grew up in PA) seeing a big city is quite exciting. Even though the farthest into the city we went was Pentigon City, the buildings, hoards of people and traffic jams are what makes a first trip to a big city jaw-dropping. We went to the typical sites: Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, watched the changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetary, we bought expensive water on the street and were hot and tired after walking about ten minutes - the typical tourist experience!
Washington MonumentWashington MonumentWashington Monument

My friends ahead of me, some seeing it for the very first time!
We shall have it no other way! We were lucky enough to see the President's motorcade rush by us while we were roaming the streets (in the wrong direction) looking for a museum. Now THAT made the day! There isn't much more to tell of our few hours in the Capital, other than that it was the perfect weathered day for a great trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Me and the HubbyMe and the Hubby
Me and the Hubby

Im looking a bit rough lol
True StatementTrue Statement
True Statement

There were 6 of us on the road trip that day, the three husbands of the group all served together in Iraq and Afghanistan - they fought like brothers...


Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb