Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After a few stops in West Virginia and Virginia we arrived at Cherry Hill RV Resort to spend Christmas at Justin's house. On the way into town we had our bikes on a rack on the back of our towed vehicle and planned to use them for sightseeing, but someone somewhere along the trip bumped into Mike's bike and bent the real rim. The bike was no longer usable so we just took them back home to Ohio. It's about and 6 hour drive, but it was nice to check on the condo; we have been away since the day after Thanksgiving so the time at home was nice. It was a little cold on some nights but the RV kept us warm and comfortable.

We had a little extra time so Justin, Mi Hyon and I went down to the Mall to see the African American Museum. We lost most of our pictures in a computer crash, so we don't have many to share, but it is the most impressive museum we have visited. Very well organized and well supported. It's hard to get tickets, but we came early and as a retired vet they allowed us in.

Justin put on a fun Christmas party and he and Mi Hyon cooked up a feast for all that attended. We had a great couple weeks in DC, so now it's off to Charleston SC.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Tuskegee FighterTuskegee Fighter
Tuskegee Fighter

Tuskegee Airman


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb