Our Cross Country RV


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut
December 9th 2005
Published: December 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Friday, 12/9
Well the past few days at the campground have been pretty good, the days have been clear and sunny and in the mid 60’s. The morning air is cool, but the sun is warm….(like when you go to the beach early in the morning). By 11 am, I am in my T-shirt & jeans. It’s really strange to look around and see some people in the pool and some people in their winter parkas! The Oleander, Lantana & Bouganvilla are in bloom and I saw some Petunias for sale outside at Lowe’s.
We’ve been following a pretty rigid schedule…..wake up…when we feel like it;
eat…when we feel like it; and go to sleep….uh let me see…oh yeah…when we feel like it! ( : We ride our bicycles around the campground a couple of times a day and we go for a walk twice a day.
The first day we got here our (hardly used) microwave shorted out, so we had to go out and buy another one….of course we couldn’t find one exactly the same size, so Jim will have to make some adjustments to the cabinet which holds it.
We also found the local casinos…..I lost $20 and Jim won $6 at the Blackjack table.
Tomorrow we leave to ‘stake our claim’ in the desert. I will miss our running water and electricity. We will have to make do with our generator, propane & solar panel. It’s only a few hours drive from here, so we should be there sometime in the afternoon.
I don’t know when I can get to an internet connection again…..so I will wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year now!

Linda

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb