In the Home Stretch


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
July 25th 2015
Published: August 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Long overdue I know, but the last leg of our trip after leaving Utah was a sprint to pull into Ashland, Nebraska by July 25th.

A few highlights of the last portion (mainly food related) and overall of our US road trip:


• We had a quick stay in Austin, Texas and experienced the city through the many culinary offerings (burgers, beer, and donuts!). Gourdough's donuts is a must stop if you are ever in town, I tend to be a purist when it comes baked goods so I went with the Sin-A-Bomb and it did not disappoint. Thanks for the hospitality Tyler and Katie!
• Late night dinner in New Orleans at Kingfish, topped off with fresh beignets from Cafe du Monde.
• The Magnolia Grill which sits on the Mississippi river waterfront in Natchez, Mississippi (two thumbs up on the shrimp and grits!).
• We are ten stamps ahead in our passport book of hitting all the National Parks in the US.
• Lindsey got numerous mosquito bites, Justin none.
• Drove over 5,000 miles without a speeding ticket (or truck trouble)!



Hope everyone has had a good summer.



Lindsey & Justin


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



This is how you do a meat and cheese plate on the road...


Texas welcomes us with dark clouds and lightening.


Breakfast tacos and queso dip, yes please.


Must try Sin-A-Bomb at Gourdough's


Dinner and drinks in New Orleans with a to-go cup.


I love dessert!


Know your pork cuts at El Cochon.


Model replica of El Cochon


Selfie on the Mississippi River


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb