saying goodbye to Colorado...for now


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
February 1st 2015
Published: February 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wow, we sold our place...Bear Spring Ranch. Who would have guessed that when we built our home in 2009-2010 that just five short years later we would be saying good-bye. Not us!!

We felt the need to go exploring, which was our Plan A before we retired, but then Steve went hunting with his old Air Force friend in McCoy. Before we knew it we had a Plan B, moving to Colorado, and in between Vail and Steamboat Springs....and no cell service. It's what the locals call 'remote'. It was at 45 minute drive to a decent grocery store, we didn't mind but we felt like the old pioneers saying the first thing in the morning, "I'm going into town today for groceries, I'll be back this afternoon." Yep, a 'quick trip' was anything under 2 hours.

We will miss our wildlife friends, our deer that come back year after year...and they DO have calendars to stay hidden during hunting season! We'll miss the tons of hummingbirds who beat each other up over the eight feeders we had stationed across the lower patio. We did have a lot of furry neighbors: golden eagles, bald eagles, elk, bear, mt lions, weasels, cotton tail rabbits, coyotes, and the really annoying badgers. We found out about pack rats--pack is a kind word to describe them; it's more like haul and hide as much as possible.

We will miss our stunning view of the valley and surrounding mountains which always amazed with the change of the seasons. We will also miss the wonderful friends we made during our time in McCoy, but it won't be Good-bye...just See You Later.

It is heartwarming to know that our home is going to be cherished by a wonderful family who appreciate all the beauty and wonder that the Rocky Mountains and the McCoy Valley have to offer.

Our first adventure will be a month in Ojachal, Costa Rica beginning the second week in March. The villa we are renting is located on the Pacific Ocean in the southern portion of the country.

So Long Colorado and Buenos Días Costa Rica!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb