Days 12-13 Fort Lupton


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
June 8th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ryan:

On saturday morning we left Denver. Evidently they're not allowed to have guests stay for more than three days at a time in their building, and the apartment managers had caught onto us. Andrew called some of his relatives that live out in Fort Lupton, which is a little ways north of Denver. We've been staying with them for the past couple of days out on the farm, and they've been most hospitable. We've spent almost the entire day blogging, and doing laundry/buying food/etc. in preparation for the next several days. We're planning on heading into Rocky Mountain National Park for as many days as the food will last us, or seven, whichever comes first.

We continue to add a little bit more weight to our packs with every stop we make, as it turns out. We picked up a couple of camelbacks (water containers that go into a backpack, with straws for drinking out of), a trowel for digging holes (there are no toilets in the park, that I'm aware of) a charger for the camera battery, because we forgot it back in the cities, and a whole lot more food (we had been carrying only a couple days worth at a time). Hopefully the food we've got will last us a while.

Andrew:

So, that's pretty much it. We've been hanging around my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and then my two cousins (and Michelle's girls). It's been pretty nice and we definately appreciate all the help we've been given by them (especially since they went so far as to come to Denver to pick us up).

The next few days we'll be up in the mountains, like Ryan said, so we won' t be able to update for awhile (or receive/send phone calls and the like). Of course there will be plenty to tell and lots of pictures to go with it when we get back. Look for another post around the 15th.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb