Stop 17: Four Corners, USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the Arches, Brian and I headed to Four Corners, USA. It is here that the states of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah meet and you can literally be in four places at one time. The intersection is located on a Navajo Indian Reservation and Brian and I are pretty sure the Native Americans make bank charging $3 per person to enter the site. So after we paid and received two stubs that had “Ticket” written on them (similar to the tickets we got as kids at elementary school fairs), we drove up to the four corners to take some pictures. I’m happy to say our pictures were the most original and surrounding tourists were entertained by our creativity! What I found most amusing was the fact that the single point where the states meet actually has four different names! Anyway, after we took a bunch of pictures, we walked along the Indian stands where the some very bored looking Native Americans sat in the severe heat just hoping tourists would purchase their jewelry, bows & arrows, etc, and when we’d finally walked around enough, we hopped back in the car and continued on to Cortez, CO and Mesa Verde National Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb