Spring Skiing


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Brandon, Braiden and I took a trip up to Peter Rabbit's Cabin before Braiden left for Chicago. The place was empty and we had a really fun weekend. We were all surprised by how much snow is still there.

I got a few days of spring Backcountry as well. Colorado was hit with a cold spell and I got to ride 3 inches of fresh all weekend!! It was sweet!



Enjoy and Have a good Spring!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Tele-ChutingTele-Chuting
Tele-Chuting

Look all the way up behind me, this is one of the chutes we skied in the A-Basin BC. We were the first and only people to ski these chutes after it snowed.
Spring Skiing is Fun!Spring Skiing is Fun!
Spring Skiing is Fun!

We had a little adventure in the springtime conditions. Gotta love those K2s.
Peter Rabbit's CabinPeter Rabbit's Cabin
Peter Rabbit's Cabin

This is good old Peter Rabbit's. It is said to be 100 years old, it sleeps 7 people and it's on Berthoud Pass. Home sweet Home!!
Keenya and BrandonKeenya and Brandon
Keenya and Brandon

Here is Brandon and his dog Keenya on the roof.
BrosBros
Bros

Estos son mis Primos. Brandon and Braiden getting ready for the trek up to Peter Rabbit's. Follow the creek and straight on 'till morning
Notch #2Notch #2
Notch #2

Noone had skied Notch #2 on the East Wall of A-basin so Sky and I took the liberty of being the first.
CreekCreek
Creek

Skye and I took the backcountry access gate and skied some really fun chutes, on the ski out we made some interesting turns.
HUCKHUCK
HUCK

We didn't hit many cliffs all weekend because under the 3 inches of new snow was ten feet of old hard snow. But sometimes you just can't hold back.
Tele-GS Tele-GS
Tele-GS

For the last run of the day, on Loveland Pass, we hiked on the South Side and hit the highest point possible. This is SKylar flying low GSing it tele-style.
FaceFace
Face

This is the last run of the day. We started from the absolute highest point and had to traverse over looker's left to squeeze into the chute in the middle. It was the best run all week.
Skylar "Gnarley" MemsicSkylar "Gnarley" Memsic
Skylar "Gnarley" Memsic

Skye schooling the Tele stance. On the last day at Loveland Pass.


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb