Cortez to Pagosa Springs


Advertisement
Published: April 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Pagosa SpringsPagosa SpringsPagosa Springs

One of the springs and Hotels in Pagosa springs, This was called "The Springs and had 28 different places to get in the water at varying tempetures from river cold to 110 degrees.
Wednesday March 23
Cortez to Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Drove about 110 miles today from Cortez to Pagosa Springs. That's mountain miles and quite a bit different than country miles. Another climb up and over a pass and back down into the other side. Arrived at Pagosa Springs and had intended to just pass through on the way to Santa Fe but instead spent the day looking at everything, mostly the hot springs. Found a reasonable room and am staying the night and will decide tonight if it is worth another $50 for a room here plus $25 to visit the springs tomorrow. There are 28 of them from cold river water to 110 degrees.
There are no real stores in the town of Pagosa Springs. If you want groceries etc you have to drive back West out of town a few miles ??!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Tourist bureauTourist bureau
Tourist bureau

The tourist bureau is South of the river and has free WiFi.
Pagosa springsPagosa springs
Pagosa springs

Here is where the springs actually come out of the ground. It is on the west end of the hotel. Strong sulfur smell.


Tot: 0.813s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.3811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb