Quick trip to Denver to see our son!


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

June 6th
Today was just a day to relax and visit with family. Red is doing much better today. We had hotdogs and hamburgers on the backyard grill and delicious salads for dinner. The dogs all enjoyed bones switching on and off with each other. We’ve so missed having time with Gene & Nan, it was a delightful day.

June 7th
Up and headed to Denver by 8 am, to see our son and family. They bought a little camper and we had a really good trailer stabilizer hitch at home that we used on our trip to Alaska. David had loaded it up in the truck when we left to bring it to our son as it would be much safer than a regular hitch. We so enjoyed the ride to Denver going past all the familiar places from our youth. We didn’t go to Denver all that often when we lived in Laramie but it always seemed a big deal. It’s only about 150 miles. It was a beautiful clear day and the pastures were so green and the Never Summer Mountain Range was still covered in snow.

When we arrived the family had a wonderful lunch of Mexican sandwiches, tortas, for lunch. Oh my gosh the food was just amazing. Fresh lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeños, guacamole and homemade retried beans on fresh sandwich buns! Yum!

David and our son worked on the hitch for his new camper. Such a cute camper and it will be so fun for their whole family. Visiting with the whole family was great fun. The ride to and from Denver via Fort Collins was so beautiful but OMG the traffic. Colorado is the worst traffic, more so than California anymore!!!!

Sad part is David is having stomach issues like poor Red was. He’s had trouble for about 5 days now but for some reason this afternoon he was really sick. I don’t know if it’s a bug or he and Red ate something but it was a tough day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb