Day 3 - Golden


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Golden
August 16th 2010
Published: August 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Estes this morning to head south to Golden. Our first stop in Golden was to the Coors Brewery. This has been a staple of our visits to Golden since the first time we visited this area. With the merger with Miller the tour has become self guided but the same free beer exists at the end of the journey. This town is also home to the Colorado Railroad Museum - you know we couldn't take a trip without a visit to a local railroad museum. Saw some old steam engines made at Philly's Baldwin Locomotive Works along with all types of other equipment. Also passed the Colorado School of Mines - a dream school for any engineer - yes we are geeks. We were worried about the showers that happened on and off today but luckily the weather stopped when we got to Red Rocks Amphitheater. Red Rocks is absolutely amazing and an incredible place to see a concert. RUSH played for over 3 hours and were amazing. With seating for around 9500 people the place was absolutely backed. An amazing end to a great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb