The Corn was good - Durango, CO - May 2007


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Durango
June 7th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

DurangoDurangoDurango

Oh yeah - the food was good.
This was really our first official trip as a couple. We decided to drive to DURANGO for the weekend. It is about 3 1/2 hours north of Albuquerque. We really were only there for an overnight, so not much we could accomplish.

Durango is a small mining-town, nestled in between the mountains in southwest Colorado. Lots of outdoor stuff to do - biking, rafting, skiing, hiking, camping, etc. Well, to our delightful surprise, Durango is a little micro-brewery haven. Our favorite place to eat and enjoy Durango's brews, is at Carver's, located on Main Street. Good food, good servive, and great beer.

We were fortunate enough to be there at the right time! On Sunday the city hosted "The Taste of Durango". They close Main Street and local stores sell food and beer for cheap, cheap. They have a stage set up in the center of the street and local bands play - everything from covers, to rock, to great guitar playing folk. People dance, everyone is your fiend, and you feel like a local. Definitely worth a try if you are in the area around May.

Durango in May is still chilly in the mornings and evenings,
DurangoDurangoDurango

We kind of started a little funky sunglass thing.
but the sun comes out and feels warm. Bring something warm in case it rains! But the area is green and lush, snow caps still surround the valley, and the air is clean and fresh. We love Durango!

Well, thinking of our quest to conquer the world, Durango happened to be the first place we visited that is on our list. So one down, and 3,043 to go.

Till later...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb