The World is Our Playground - Albuquerque, NM - December 2006


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sandia TramwaySandia TramwaySandia Tramway

How could I say no!!!!!
So here we go. We are not bloggers. Never have been and probably never will be. But hopefully we will have fun with this and be able to share our experiences with others.

We are based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. This is where we met and this is where we want to conquer the world from. Our story is as follows: We both love to travel. My whole pick-up line kind of revolved around traveling. ( Nikkie here, he made me think after he said that he wanted to find a "nice girl" to travel with 😊 About 6 months into us knowing each other, we found these 2 books - a 1001 things to do before you die for the US/ Canada and one for the world. Along the way we also picked up "Make the Most of your time on earth - a 1000 Ultimate Travel Experiences". So being the crazy person I am - my wife is just as crazy because she bought into it - we decided that we want to conquer all these things. All in all, it comes to 3044 things/ places/ activities/restaurants/ hotels. Mathematically (my husband the CPA,) it is probably impossible, but you never know. God have blessed us with good health and 2 good jobs. So for the moment "THE WORLD IS OUR PLAYGROUND". So here we go.

Nikkie and I met in December 2006 (we are still fighting over the actual day). Anyway our first "date" was on the SANDIA TRAM in Albuquerque. We had just gotten one of the biggest snow storms ever (Albuquerque does not get much snow). Anyway, Nikkie is from Albuquerque (lifer) and I am from South Africa and went to the local University (UNM). I thought it would be a cool first date. It was cold as can be, but extremely pretty (unfortunately this was not one of the things on our list so we are still stuck at 3044). If you ever visit Albuquerque we would highly recommend the Sandia Tram.

Till next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.385s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 30; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb