The best Friday?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
January 6th 2017
Published: January 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Walking out of work on Friday 23rd December should have been the best feeling in the world. Christmas and New Year to look forwards to followed by six whole months of travelling. But it was a bit of an anti climax if I'm honest and as I reflected on this over a couple of drinks that evening the reason why suddenly dawned on me - we had a hell of a lot still to organise before we left Nottingham and somehow had to cram in xmas and new year too (including five nights away from home).

Xmas and new year went by in a flash and before we knew it we had 48 hours left to get everything done, including driving home from Katherine's house in Hitchin. Maybe travelling immediately after xmas and new year wasn't the best idea we've ever had!! In the end we managed to get everything done that was critical (including finishing all my photo books from 2016!).

We have been travelling since Wednesday and this afternoon (Saturday) we will finally reach our 'final' destination, Breckenridge. Due to the altitude we've sensibly spent two days in snowy, cold Denver, acclimatising. This has involved chilling in
IMG_1466IMG_1466IMG_1466

First drink of the holiday
the hotel and doing some of the chores we didn't get finished before we left. Denver had a big storm which thankfully ended three hours before we landed, but man has it been cold at -22 degrees centigrade.

Yesterday we left the hotel in search of food and over our small lunch (we need to get used to the massive American sized portions again) the excitement finally kicked in. We both agreed that in fact, this was the best Friday. Three months of snowboarding ahead of us, and a mountain of fresh snow just waiting to be discovered.

****SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE PICTURES*****


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

IMG_1463IMG_1463
IMG_1463

It's going to be a chilly start
IMG_1455IMG_1455
IMG_1455

Our last taste of luxury, relaxing in the lounge at Heathrow.
IMG_1460IMG_1460
IMG_1460

Denver Airport
IMG_1465IMG_1465
IMG_1465

The sunrise view from our Denver hotel window
IMG_1468IMG_1468
IMG_1468

Our small lunch yesterday - Dan, we needed you!
IMG_1470IMG_1470
IMG_1470

Our 2 star hotel room in Denver. I wish we could take it to Breck with us.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb