Prep for Zambia service trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
May 16th 2009
Published: May 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Zambia Trip

Our route takes us from Denver, to Washington, Dakar, Johannesburg, Lusaka

We are gathering book/medical/recreational supplies to carry over, warming up our vocal chords, and collecting photos.

Advertisement



16th May 2009

OLP Youth group
This is a very special group indeed. It all started when Artie called Sandy at about 2:30 am while she was in Zambia. He had met some of the Zambians that were in the States for leadership and Special Needs training. He wanted to complete his Eagle Scout ranking by implementing a global community project. This has now grown to include a cross section of youth from Crossroads Youth Group at Our Lady of the Pines. This group also includes some of the parents of the youth...all to make up this unique and amazing group who want to learn from the Zambians. This group is on a humanitarian journey and will visit schools, churches, health care clinics, nutrition centers and hospitals. I hope they will develop some long lasting friendships amoung the youth of Zambia and celebrate life together. I look forward to greeting you all at Lusaka airport.
8th June 2009

Watch out for lions
As the acting Grandma and Grandpa (honorary) of the group, you have triggered our first participation in a blog. Your group is so impressive, and we are so proud of all of you. God bless you on your way. Love!
15th June 2009

Stay Happy, Healthy & Safe!
Just got off the phone with you Mike-you're about to take off from Dulles. We all wish each and every one of you a safe journey! As with Katie Joe's parents, you have triggered our first participation in a blog also!

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb