Denver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
October 19th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Continued travelling South through Wyoming, passing more cowboy towns. The last week has been a bit like a spaghetti western with all the cowboy and indian towns. Not to much to report today though, travelled another 300 odd miles and reached Denver late in the arvo. On the recommendations of few people we went to Casa Bonita , a mexican restaraunt, for tea. I had heard about it from watching South Park, it was Cartmans fave place. Googled it before we left and everyone said it was a great fun place ,food not so good though. Well they were wrong, the food was terrible, but the place itself is fun. Mexicans walking around singing, people diving of cliffs into pools, mad gorillas running around the place etc. It was cheap, terrible, cheesy, old and run down but fun.
Photos didnt work out so i ripped off someone elses from the internet.



And here is the South Park episode if no-one has seen it, or if you dont know what South Park is.


Have been writing this from Denver Airport, voted the most efficient and with the least delays in the USA. We almost got here
late because they decided to shut half the CBD down at 6 am this morning due to the bloody Denver marathon. We had to check in just after 8am and only just made it. Well we have been sitting here now for almost 7 hours because our plane shit itself just as people started boarding it. A replacement plane hasnt turned up yet but is supposed to be here by 5.30 -6 pm. If they cant find one then it will be completely cancelled and who knows what then. We are flying with United who i think are the largest airline in the world and they cant find a spare aircraft, unbelievable!!

Dropped off hire car at airport, so no more driving until the UK. We have about 4500 miles up and down and across. If you zoom in on the above map it should show you were we've been. Or it may not either, it has been a bit troublesome.

bye


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb