Were off!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
July 3rd 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are now just two days out from beginning our Guatemalan adventure! We have spent the last six weeks in Aurora, Colorado with Kevin and Jaime (Drew’s sister and brother-in-law) and their daughter, Gwyneth. It has been great to spend time with some of our best friends. It’s an added bonus that we’re relatives.

To those who haven’t yet heard, we are also part of a new family—our church family at Aurora Alliance Church. After praying about it and spending time with Jonas and Beth and many of the folks from the church, we have decided to make it our church home and Drew’s place of employment once we return from Guatemala. We will come back from Guatemala in the middle of January, and Drew will start working at the church as the worship pastor. It’s so great to see how God lines up every detail for us long before we know what is in the future. This church body has been so accepting and supportive of us! It’s wonderful to know that we have so many friends and loved ones here that will be praying for us constantly.

We would also like to ask for your prayer over these next 6 months. Please pray for our safety and guidance. Also, the learning curve is going to be pretty high as we are immersed in a new language and culture. Please pray that our minds would be that of children as we are learning the Spanish language, and that we would grasp it quickly.
We are believing God’s promise in Isaiah 51:16 that says, “I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand.” as ours in this next season on learning and life. It’s going to be an adventure, and we look forward to sharing it with you!

Many Blessings,
Drew and Sarah


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb