Day 9 - Wandering Around Colorado


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Everyone except the bro had a lazy start to today. Once I finally got moving (oh, around noon) there wasn’t much downtime.

The sis-in-law and I hit the town to do a little shopping, with a 3pm deadline so that I could get back down to Pueblo to visit my friend (and actually talk to her this time). Really, it was just supposed to be some dog treats and some road food. Right.

After agonizing over the right selection of birthday treats and a surprise accessory for the b’day pup (bright pink leopard skin collar that the bro already vetoed!), we headed back across town to the Super Target.

I love Target.

We spent way too much time in the $1 Spot. I found argyle flip-flops an inflatable pillow for camping and some Napoleon Dynamite wristbands that say “Flippin’ Sweet.” Heck yeah! Then we wandered over to the men’s department to look for shirts for the bro. Found at least one keeper. The clock hit 3 and we still hadn’t picked up the food. So, over to the grocery side we went, powered through and made it home just a half hour late. Got on the road around 3:45.

Here’s the problem with that. It takes an hour to get down to Pueblo. I had to be back in Co. Springs by 7pm to take the bro out for an early b’day dinner. Doing the math, that left me just over an hour to hang out. But what a lovely hour it was! Got to see my friend’s new house and catch up on all sort of stuff. And, I made it home in plenty of time to head to dinner.

We went to a place called The Elephant Bar. The menu looked amazing and the food lived up to the menu’s description. There were only two downers: 1) the Chocolate, Chocolate molten lava cake thingy had way too little molten chocolate middle and 2) the server sucked. It took forever and a day to get anything (like, oh, a fork so everyone could eat their meal). We assumed she was just having a rough night and gave her 15%!i(MISSING)nstead of the family standard of 20%!((MISSING)you do this after you’ve worked in the restaurant business).

Amazing thing of the day: Halfway to dinner, the sis-in-law realized that she left a pan of brownies on the kitchen counter. Now, the last time she left baked goods on the counter (a pan of muffins, complete with paper wrappers) she returned home to a spotless pan. It was like there never were any muffins. With this in mind, we figured that the brownies were a pan of goners and just hoped that the dogs didn’t ingest enough chocolate to do damage (these were super chocolaty brownies). Maybe the pups are finally settling down, or maybe they prefer muffins over brownies. Whatever the reason, the entire pan was still there when we returned from what ended up being a very leisurely meal.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb