Rainy Days


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The USOC GymThe USOC GymThe USOC Gym

There is another gym that we play in about half the time, but its smaller and not as nice.
For the past few days the rain has not stopped. at one point today it hailed for about 2 minutes complimented with thunder and lightning. This weather has made getting to and from the gym a much wetter proposition. running from building to building hunched over all your gear while skipping and dodging puddles makes one look more like a soldier from a world war two movie than some one just trying to get to practice and stay dry.
The weather has also had an effect on our night life as its much harder for the guys to go out. this lead to one of the biggest and most competitive games of cranium i have ever played. it started at around 9 and did not end untill well after 11 and was stopped by security comming to the room. we had to move the game to one of the general living rooms on the floor which only emphasized the rowdyness(might not be a word) of the game. my team came in a very close second and we did find out one thing; I rock at charades!
Volleyball wise we played some of the national guys today. we lost all four games
StairsStairsStairs

Just one flight of stairs that i have to deal with. Im on the top floor and they get really slippery when its wet.
but were pretty close in 2 of them. i played one and half games at opposite and one game at outside. i didnt do to terrible but it was definitely not my day. one highlight was me amost getting my head taken off by Deleno Thomas. i was told to suck in for the dump and got stuck as Donald Suxo set a push one. Deleno then proceeded to hit the ball at about 12 ft over the block directly at my head. Had my hands not already been up in self defence there is a good chance i would be writting this with a much flatter face. He hits hard!!! as it is though i have a good story and and i actually almost dug the ball.
the weather has prevented me from taking some outside pictures but here are some of the facilities from inside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

FoodFood
Food

Brian Waite getting his meatball sub from the grill area. Yummy!!!
Dinning Area Dinning Area
Dinning Area

This is where Brian (and the rest of us) ate our meatball subs. We also eat every other meal here too.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb