A Day In The Life


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Now that i am aclimated and my legs dont feel like cement any more i have a little more energy to do some writting. i figure some of you wouldnt mind knowing how a typical day goes out here so i will do my best to paint you a little picture.
I usually wake up at about 6 o'clock in the morning because i dont trust that my alarm clock will go off at the pre-set time of 7AM. i then fall in and out of sleep waking each time with a jolt because im afraid that i slept through practice. when my alarm finaly does go off im forced to get up right away because i lack the necessity of a snooze button. having gotten used to hitting snooze 4 or 5 times before i get up through my college years i have been forced to take measures like putting my clock on the other side of the room so i have to get up to turn it off.
getting ready consists of putting on a pair of shorts with about a 1 inch inseem and a shirt that comes down to almost the say length. Needless to say i also put on a pair of sweats for the commute to the cafeteria. its nice to have a full breakfast with the staples of eggs and bacon every day. the main dishes change from day to day. after a quick streach at the training room its off to practice #1.
one might think that this would be an easy practice just to get the blood flowing but this would be incorrect. we go full speed first thing in the morining which feels similar to those days years ago when i had club tournaments and we played way to eary. the level of volleyball here is pretty darn high. i have been doing well and playing both outside and opposite. it looks like im going to be playing mainly outside but i think they just like to have me sharp at both ends of the court. my legs are soar and my shoulder is tight but these are just the typical aches and pains that come with playing twice a day. after the first practice its back to the training room for ice. this takes a few minutes and feels great and then its off to lunch.
everyone usually eats together which is fun and there is no shortage of story telling or sarcasm. for a bunch of tall thin volleyball players we can really put away the food but we cant even come close to what some of the weight lifters eat. Once the belly is full its back to the room for a quick shower and nap. getting out of bed in the afternoon is similar to my morning routine just with a few extra explatives directed toward my alarm clock.
If the morning practices are tough the afternoon sessions are excruciating. we have been playing games lately and when you get that many competitive guys on one court ....... well i will let you imagine how crazy things can get. the end of this practice means that the only work left is to eat and make it up the many flights of stairs that guard the entrance to my dorm.
Im usually done with eating and showering (yes for the second time, what can i say i like to be clean) around 6 or 7 which leaves only reading, watching a movie or some television, or jogging a mile or so to stay in shape (just kidding). usually reading or watching a movie is the way i go before i hit the sack. some of the guys have gone out a couple of times but i dont know how they do it. i know there is an outing planned for tomorrow and since we have sunday off i will probably go with everyone but i will probably be to tired to have to much fun. I hope you enjoyed reading about how i spend my days. In my next post i will show you, i just need some motivation to take some pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb