Day 2: Denver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
December 29th 2011
Published: December 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a much needed sleep, Anna and I headed to Boulder for the day. It was around a 45 minute drive, but the drive was amazing. The whole way there we were heading towards the Rocky Mountains and it was just the most amazing sight...or so I thought. There was this really cool lookout point right on the highway. It was a little annoying that there were cars always blocking the photos, but it was still really cool.

Once we hit Boulder, we took a wander down the main street. Most of it is pedestrian only, so its easy to just meander through. Anna took me to her favourite coffe shop, which she swore served good coffee. It was actually pretty good, but it was big. There were also some other cool stores, including a store that I guess is similar to What's New, but a lot bigger.

After this we went for a drive along Canyon Drive (I think thats what it was called). It was basically a windy road that runs in between two mountains (Anna calls them hills, but theyre pretty big). Unfortunately I couldnt get a photo that would do it any justice. Then we drove to Chautauqua, which is a park at the "foothills". It was pretty amazing to see families sledding down the hills. and the view was fantastic as well.

For lunch (at around 3:30) we had a fantastic burrito from Illegal Pete's Burritos. They were at least one pound, and they were filled with really nice pork, rice, beans and salsa. Before we left we went to a dive bar called Sundown Saloon. This was my first real experience of cheap beer. $6 Jugs!!!! We shared most of a jug over a couple of games of darts and then headed back down the highway to Denver. We hired a movie (Red Riding Hood, actually not bad) and just ate in.

All in all a really nice day. I can definitely see why Boulder is a college town, there is everything a college student needs: good food, cheap booze, and a college (I guess).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



30th December 2011

Love the photos
Hi Bub, This blog site is a great idea. I look forward to logging in daily so that I can share in some of your experiences. Denver looks so picturesque, especially covered in snow.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb