A long delayed update...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
November 15th 2007
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kate boxing up her bikeKate boxing up her bikeKate boxing up her bike

We pray to the airline gods not to crush our bikes...
A long delayed update...

I won't try and catch up on all our travels since I originally signed up for this blog site. The stories from our wandering across the US by VW van, the two months in New Zealand, the trips to SW Utah and Iceland, and the cruising by sailboat in Maine and the Bahamas will have to be related in person - or you can at least get the visual story from the photo page at my website, http://web.mac.com/steve_hoge .

Now Kate and I are embarking on a somewhat more ambitious, long term trip with our bicycles, beginning in Spain and onto Morocco and beyond. In the usual frenzied final weeks before leaving Boulder, we rebuilt our bikes, put our finances on computerized autopilot, got all of our shots (THREE weekly injections for a rabies vaccination?) closed up our basement apartment, and left the house in the capable hands of our upstairs tenants Jim and Carolyn.

Now we've got our cheap tickets on Aer Lingus to Malaga, Spain, the bikes are boxed-up (free carriage on the flight!) and soon the hint of an impending Rocky Mountain winter will be behind us. Stay tuned for the next installment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Check our expanded gallery of travel photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_hoge/collections/72157613626339376


And visit our home page at:

http://web.mac.com/steve_hoge



Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb