Aspen Offers Beauty, Fun, and Skiing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Aspen
February 19th 2015
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

You can’t defy Mother Nature and the harsh winter, but you can make the most of it! Aspen, Colorado has so much to offer in the winter time. It is a prime location in Colorado for skiing to take place. They have slopes for beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers. They also allow snowboarding which is very popular these days.

SnowMass is the most popular location in Aspen for skiing adventures. You can buy a family pass or a season pass to save money over one day passes. There are ski rentals offered so don’t worry if you don’t have your own equipment. If you have children too young to ski, consider the daycare or fun day camps. They offer fun activities so you don’t have to worry while you enjoy the slopes for a few hours.

Aspen is very pretty no matter what time of year you visit. In the winter, you can’t help but appreciate the snow covered mountains and the powder coated trees in the distance. If you get up early in the morning and use a pair of binoculars, you may be able to capture some amazing animals moving through the forest areas.

Shopping is a favorite activity for many people, and Aspen doesn’t disappoint. Here you will find plenty of boutiques and one of a kind stores in the little village areas. They allow you to find items that you won’t find anywhere else.

Fine dining is also a part of the atmosphere around Aspen. There are delightful coffee shops where you can spend your afternoon and relax. There are amazing locations to eat dinner and try new foods. Steakhouse 316 is worth checking out, but make sure you plan ahead. If you don’t have a reservation you won’t be able to get in.



There is no shortage of places to stay in Aspen either. You can stay in one of the various hotels that are offered. You can also rent a condo close to the ski resorts, restaurants, and shops. There are shuttles that take visitors to and from such locations too so you can’t have to worry about getting around the area.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb