Last day at sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
March 14th 2014
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.03, -121.685

Up late today. We again go to the buffet on 14th floor with Min and Alan while her parents relax in their room. We sit inside while the youngsters eat by the pool. The temperature is dropping even more today, in the 50's, and the water is rough. The boat moves more than anytime on our entire trip. The weather and the seas always seems to deteriorate close to San Francisco. Mom starts organizing our clothes and packing the suitcases. A nap is in order. I watch the news about the missing Malaysia aircraft and the Ukraine issues. I finish up packing my cameras and chargers, we dress casual for our last night at the fancy dinner and head down. Tonight is Baked Alaska Night with a big parade of cooks, waiters and the entire food preparation team all marching around the dining room with lit up baked Alaska dishes in the hands. I had a New York steak, seafood appetizer, salad and, of course, the baked Alaska. We generously tipped our two servers for their "over-the-top" level of service during the last 10 days.

Now to the 8:30pm show in the Princess Theater but first a stop in the photo area to finish our selection of pictures taken throughout our cruise. We only bought two but Min got some extras including some for her parents.

The show was centered around talented crew members who sang, danced and performed tricks for the audience. That was it for tonight. We all returned to our rooms. Our bags have to be set outside our rooms by 10pm tonight for pickup by the baggage handlers. That being done, I'm writing this now that our day is complete. A hot shower is in order. Only clothes to be worn tomorrow and electronic equipment is left in our room. We must be out of our cabin by 8am tomorrow and our disembark time is 9:15am. We'll see how it goes.

Goodnight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th March 2014

Pictures to follow.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb